Lemons for Home Remedies
Lemons are a well rounded staple ingredient in home remedies. The health benefits of lemons are endless. The fruit is a well known remedy for colds and flu being naturally high in vitamin C, zinc, magnesium, potassium and calcium. What many may not know about lemon is that it is an acidic citrus fruit which restores the pH of the body to a more alkaline state upon consumption. It has almost zero fat and cholesterol and works with the body to lose weight faster. The pectin fiber in lemons make it supremely beneficial for digestive and colon health. The benefits of lemons are endless but the fruit works best when used as a preventative health measure.
Lemons for General Health
- Lemons have an alkanizing effect on the body which helps the body resist calcium deposits and the development of cancerous cells
- It dissolves uric acid, reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees
- The high potassium levels in lemons help to nourish brain and nerve cells and stabilize blood pressure
- Calcium in lemons help to build strong healthy bones in utero and during lactation (great for vegans and non-dairy folks)
- Helps to purify the blood
- Can replenish the body of salts after a good workout
Lemons for Immunity:
- helps prevent the growth of pathogenic microbes that cause illness
- helps to rid the body of phlegm and mucus
- helps to maintain the health of the eyes and fights against eye problems
- The high levels of vitamin C and zinc in lemon help the body fight of colds and flu
- helps treat sore throat
- reduces fever
Lemons for Digestion and Colon health
- Aids in digestion by soothing the digestive tract
- Relieves indigestion caused by acid reflux and soothes ulcers
- Relieves excess gas and help to regulate bowel movements
- Slows down the growth of unhealthy bacteria in the gut
- Strengthens, conditions and clenches the liver
- Balances calcium and oxygen levels in the liver
- Encourages the production of bile.
- Liquifies the bile and helps regulate excess flow of bile
- Helps dissolve gall stones and the build up of calcium throughout the body
How do I get all of these fabulous health benefits you ask?
With one simple recipe:
1 Tbs Raw Honey
Juice of 1 lemon
8-16 oz of boiled water
Mix well and drink it warm first thing in the morning, at least 15 minutes before eating or drinking anything else. Use this warm lemonade tonic as a replacement for your morning cup of coffee. It will fill your body with energy and keep you alert for hours.
During colds and flu, drink this same tonic throughout the day and especially at night before going to bed, as hot as you can stand it. Depending in your symptoms, you can add ginger (for mucus or stomach aches), garlic cloves (for viral and bacterial infections), whisky or apple cider vinegar (for flu and fever reduction), or cayenne pepper (for congestion). However, drinking this tonic first thing in the morning with just honey may be enough to keep all of these other illnesses and problems at bay altogether.
What are some of the ways that you use lemon to heal your family?
References: www.hopinghealth.com www.organichealthfacts.net www.undergroundhealth.com www.lifehack.org