A family I know recently had a new baby and baby made six. They needed quick and easy meals that would last them a few days. The first thing I thought of for them was baked oatmeal. Its quick, its easy and everyone likes it. Add your favorite fruit (or nuts) and you have a family friendly meal made to stretch. I like mine with blueberries. Mmm. Read, bake and enjoy
Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 55 Min
- 2 cups Whole Oats uncooked
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or nutmeg or other spice of choice)
- 1/2 cup sugar more or less to taste
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or butter)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup fruits or nuts of choice opt. (blueberries are my favorite)
- Heat oven to 350 F. Spray 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, baking powder and spices.
- In medium bowl, combine butter and sugar; mix well. To that add milk, eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to oats; mix well. Add fruits or nuts of choice and mix
- Pour into baking dish. Bake 45 mins to 1 hour or until golden brown. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- Optional, sprinkle sugar on top after 30 mins and continue baking
- Serve with milk, maple syrup or homemade fruit syrup, even ice cream
To add this recipe to your Plan to Eat database or to sign up for Plan to Eat click here: